I have basically been waiting my whole blogging life to write a post with a baby bump and do weekly updates and all that cute/interesting stuff I get to follow when other people write it, but man is it hard to #1 get a decent picture on the day of your "new week", #2 sit down and write down answers to how you've been feelings and what new developments have happened, and #3 sit down and blog about it. When I first found out I was pregnant I wanted to write a book and keep track of EVERYTHING so I wouldn't forget. But after week 8 my notes started to look the same... I feel like CRAP, I keep THROWING UP,
holy smokes will these high school kids take a SHOWER! ;)
But for my own good I would like to document what I have kept track of
so feel free to see what has happened the last 5 months:
March 5, 2013: I found out I was pregnant. I made Tlyncia sleep over because I knew I was going to take a test in the morning, and she said okay as long as she got to sleep in... so when I woke her up at 5:45AM screaming to get in the bathroom before the + changed to a -, she couldn't help but be so excited for me. (I recall even getting a hug from her while still perched on the thrown)
I of course couldn't wait to tell Derek so we googled how big the baby was and the first item that came up was a pea... (I found out later that it was
way smaller but whatever) We left this note on the counter for Derek
so he could see it when he got home from work that morning.
Of course Derek had to work overtime that morning so as I checked my phone a billion times it wasn't until lunch that I got the response I was hoping for!
Yay we were going to have a family!!
I felt great from week 4 to week 8. And on week 8 day 3 is when IT hit! the dreaded morning sickness. I always thought to myself, "it can't be that bad". What's a little nausea besides a way to keep the weight gain down... BOY WAS I WRONG! it wasn't until 3.25 months, 13 weeks, 91 days, 2,184 hours later that I started to feel like a human being again. EVERYTHING and NOTHING made me absolutely sick! I was puking at the very least 4 times a day, after every meal, or even the fumes of a meal... it was the absolute worse sickness ever
(and it didn't even help with weight loss!)
Pregnancy always seemed like a wonderful joyous occasion. Women "glowed" for goodness sakes, but I have soon found that pregnancy pretty much sucks. Maybe this is too much information but like I said I am documenting it for myself.
I pretty much developed a "new surprise" every other week.
I pretty much developed a "new surprise" every other week.
I knew about the nausea but nobody told me I would get
extreme constipation, killer heart burn, constant acid reflex,
acne (worse than puberty), skin tags, and have to pee every other hour.
extreme constipation, killer heart burn, constant acid reflex,
acne (worse than puberty), skin tags, and have to pee every other hour.
But now I understand what makes it all worth it...
This bundle of a miracle that I have the opportunity to grow inside of me.
Being a woman is awesome and I am so grateful for the experience, strength, and opportunity that I have to do this. Everyone says that when it's all said and done I will forget all this pettiness and would do it over again and again because having a child is the most amazing thing in the world!
I am officially 22 weeks along.
I have felt the baby pretty much everyday starting week 21.
I have started getting Braxton Hicks Contractions but just a couple times a day.
I have started getting Braxton Hicks Contractions but just a couple times a day.
Since I have been feeling better I have started a running/workout routine.
We moved into our new dream house and have already started on the projects.
I started the baby nursery today! :)
I have a feeling the second half of this pregnancy is really going to fly by.
School starts in September so I have 2 more months to get everything ready!
We are excited and can't wait to be parents.
Now onto the name game...

3 comments:
Im really happy for you! Excited to see all the updates.
That is really exciting and funny to hear all that you have been through already!
I am so glad you posted this! Love you!
Sarah
Post a Comment