Thursday, November 13, 2008

stud rooster...

A farmer went out one day and bought a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says,

'OK old fart, time for you to retire. 'The old rooster replies, 'Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL of these chickens. Look what it has done to me... Can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner? 'The young rooster says, 'Beat it: You are washed upand I am taking over. 'The old rooster says, 'I tell you what, young stud.I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop. The young rooster laughs. 'You know you don't stand a chance, old man. So, just to be fair,
I will give you a head start. 'The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap. He was only about 5 feet behind the old rooster and gaining fast. The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch when he sees the roosters running by. The Old Roster is squawking and running as hard as he can.The Farmer grabs his shotgun and- BOOM -he blows the young rooster to bits.

The farmer sadly shakes his head and says, 'Dammit.....third gay rooster I bought this month.'

Moral of this story?

you tell me?

3 comments:

allison said...

hee hee, I like that one:) Shouldn't we both be studying instead of blogging...

Brooke Carroll said...

Hey you two! Nate gave me your blog address, so I am here to say hi and I'm glad you have a blog too! I'll send Derek an invite to his blog from Nate's email, and if that's not the one you use for your blog, just tell Derek to email Nate your address and I'll send YOU an invite! Hope you two are doing really great and are having a great year. Talk to you soon!

Brooke Carroll said...

Hey!!! Thanks for writing, we're glad to hear from you! Thanks for the sweet compliment about Mersadie, and we miss seeing you guys too, and it would be nice to get together again! We will be in GR for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so let us know if you are too; we would love to go out to dinner or get together to visit! I know Nate would definitely like to see Derek again. He always has had a lot of respect for him and thinks he's a really great person. Hope you guys are doing so good, and write me soon and let me know if we can meet up with you guys over the holidays! Take care-Brooke Nate and Mersadie